A Little Something You Might Be Interested In: Inkling from Wacom

I hope this lives up to its promise:

“While you sketch on paper, your ideas go digital.”

Wacom Presents INKLING

About Rebeccak

I am the Founder + Owner of Korpus School of Art + Gallery in Downtown Los Angeles. Visit our website at: http://korpus-la.com/ Please feel free to contact us with any inquiries about our programs at: korpus.info@gmail.com

1. Brun says:

I

NEED

THIS

A

S

A

P

!

2. adam paquette says:

game changer!! just when i was about to kick the digital habit, wacom SUCKS ME RIGHT BACK IN!!

3. only 8 hours of power… and your hand should not be between the pen and the receptor…
    easy to use? well i need to try !!!
    look’s promising !

4. Conny says:

I’m going to get this when reviews start coming out.
    It looks really cool but I don’t know what to think yet.

8 hours of power is actually good enough. I don’t know about you but I usually don’t sketch that long everyday anyway. If I did, I would have the time to recharge it.

5. George Jones says:

I like the look of this…I need to see a video of it in use though.

6. Someone should tell Wacom about scanner. Actually, if you’re doing sketches on a small scale, an iPhone 4 camera is largely good enough to get a picture, clean it digitally. The one and only point of wacom’s tech is to get a vector image with line rather than shapes. We don’t see here or anywhere else a lot of images based on this kind of tech.

I’ve been waiting for a wacom, designed for design, Tablet PC for ages now (way before iPad). I want a Cintq 12i with a CPU, a battery, a wifi, and as little as possible on the top of that so it’s keeped light, with a good enough display to deal with outdoor drawing – and at least 6h of real use. It’s pretty obvious the tech for all this exists – actually to some point Asus Eee Slate EP121 is already that. Too bad it’s not entirely fit for art : style could be better, some junk could be removed. Also done by Asus it lacks exposure to artist, hence sale, hence it has chances to remain an isolated product rather than a new niche. While the niche definitely exists, and isn’t even small once you really look at it.

It seems wacom just prefer to goof around with fancy toys that are able to do what we can do for a decade with no significant improvement rather than deliver what its core customer badly need. They really need competition !

7. oyo says:

looks silly to me too.

8. like using a fork to eat soup – yeah it can be done but… why would you want to?

9. Rebeccak says:

Lots of pros and cons, definitely want to see what it can do once it arrives in Sept.

10. Nic Klein says:

Also, why is this on the blog? Is this thing not getting enough attention? I dont think Wacom needs free advertising space on GA.

11. viramz says:

Interesting to see the change it brings to the game. Thanks for sharing. I’ll wait to try it out in the shops before deciding if its something I could use.

12. in another hand,
    i’m quite curious about the price of the… ink cartridge !!!!
    this is a special pen, with special ink…
    i still want to have a go… and read real review.